Categories: WORLD

The United States issues an Ebola alert for Congo, South Sudan, and Uganda; Rwanda has a level 3 alert

The United States issues travel alerts amid Ebola outbreaks in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda.

The U.S. State Department has issued a Level 4 alert for the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), South Sudan or Uganda, urging Americans not to travel to these countries for any reason. Ebola epidemic. For Rwanda, the department issued a Level 3 alert, asking Americans to reconsider travel. These travel alerts are in response to statements from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization regarding the recent Ebola outbreak.“Medical care in South Sudan is extremely limited. Adequate medical care as well as routine emergency procedures are often not available, and even minor health problems may require medical evacuation. All medical services, including medical evacuation, are at your expense. If you purchase additional health insurance, be sure to keep records of all medical services paid for and provided,” the U.S. State Department wrote in an advisory for South Sudan.Ebola is a rare, severe and often fatal hemorrhagic fever disease that is spread through direct contact with an infected person or their body fluids.American physician Dr. Peter Stafford and his wife, Dr. Rebecca Stafford, tested positive for Ebola while treating patients during the outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The couple’s four children are also being monitored for symptoms. The couple moved to Africa in 2019.As of Tuesday, 131 people have died due to the current outbreak.The American doctor is receiving treatment at a German hospital at the request of the U.S. government. The German Federal Ministry of Health said: “Arrangements are currently being made to receive and treat the patient in Germany.” The Ministry of Health said: “Germany has a nationwide network of experts for the management and care of patients with diseases caused by highly pathogenic pathogens.”The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a new order on Monday banning foreign travelers from entering the United States if they have visited countries affected by the outbreak in the past 21 days, including the Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda and South Sudan.The agency cited Title 42, a law that temporarily bans non-citizens from coming to the United States for public health reasons.President Donald Trump said on Monday that he was “concerned” about the outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo, but added that he believed it had not yet spread to the United States.

WEB DESK TEAM

Our team of more than 15 experienced writers brings diverse perspectives, deep research, and on-the-ground insights to deliver accurate, timely, and engaging stories. From breaking news to in-depth analysis, they are committed to credibility, clarity, and responsible journalism across every category we cover.

Recent Posts

When will Kentucky Republican primary voting close on Tuesday? Check voting time, key documents

Kentucky voters will go to the polls on May 19 for the state's primary election, where several major races and…

5 minutes ago

What happened to Mednad? Beloved YouTuber Roger Moore reportedly dies suddenly at age 23

What happened to Mednad? According to reports, beloved YouTuber Roger Moore died suddenly at the age of 23 (Image via…

31 minutes ago

Downtown St. Louis police shooting: Suspect injured on Broadway; what we know so far

A suspect was shot by a police officer at Broadway and Washington Avenue in St. Louis, missouriTuesday afternoon. The suspect…

57 minutes ago

Woman falls from Mercedes into uncovered sewer hole

A woman has died after falling into an open manhole in New York City. In midtown Manhattan, New York City,…

1 hour ago

Donald Trump says $400 million White House ballroom will act as ‘shield’ against drones

President of the United States Donald Trump New $400 million claimed on Tuesday ballroom Drones being built at the White…

2 hours ago

Sandy fire cause: More than 10,000 homes evacuated as blaze sweeps through Los Angeles County Check latest updates

Bush fire nearby Simi Valley The fire spread quickly Monday morning, May 18, and was largely contained overnight, with firefighters…

3 hours ago