A post claiming Dallas is turning into “Dallaspuram” went viral on social media, sparking debate about immigration and H1B visas after old festival footage resurfaced online.The post, shared by X user @CyberGreen09, shows a lively Ganesh Chaturthi parade in a Dallas-area suburb. People dressed in traditional Indian clothing can be seen playing dhol and tasha drums in what appears to be a shopping mall parking lot.The headline read: “Dallas is transforming into ‘Dallaspuram’ before our eyes.”It added, blaming the visa system for this environment: “H1B visas are being used to import Indians to do essential jobs that Texans can do. These people are not top global talent, and this is industrial fraud that is destroying our great country. It’s time to put Texans first and end the H1B program!”However, the video was not recently released. The video dates back to August 2025 and was filmed during Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations outside the Indian Bazaar in Louisville. Louisville is a northern suburb of Dallas with a large Indian community. The video first went viral last year. Indian Americans called it a joyous annual cultural celebration, but the MAGA base complained it caused chaos and riots in commercial parking lots.The video has been repurposed into online debates about immigration and the H1B visa program, which is currently under intense scrutiny. Far-right commentator and anti-H1B spokesman Andrew Branca also retweeted the video and said: “W**, America. Is this what our founders envisioned?”The Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area is home to more than 250,000 Indian Americans. Many live in suburbs such as Frisco, Plano and Lewisville, which have grown into major technology and business centers. In 2024, about 71% of approved H1B visas were issued to Indian nationals, according to federal data.Many U.S. employers and business people say skilled immigrants boost local economies and strengthen key industries such as technology and defense. Supporters of “America First” say the system is flawed, stealing jobs from domestic workers and giving them to Indian and Chinese workers at much lower wages.Similar tensions emerged at a Frisco City Council meeting days earlier, with some residents expressing concerns about an “Indian takeover” in the area.
In press conference with Macron, PM recalls Savarkar | India News
New Delhi: At a joint press conference with French President Emmanuel Macron On Tuesday, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi The prime minister recalled Veer Savarkar, an Indian soldier and Hindu thinker who fought in the First World War, and recalled their relationship with the French port city of Marseille, which he visited last year.“During the First World War, Indian soldiers set foot on Europe from Marseille. Their heroic deeds are still remembered in many parts of Europe. It was in this city that freedom fighter Veer Savarkar jumped into the sea to escape the pursuit of the British. His action symbolized his unwavering determination for India’s independence,” Modi said.While in England, Savarkar was accused of revolutionary activities and taken to India to face trial.When the ship docked at Marseilles, he tried to escape by jumping overboard, but was captured and taken to India.The prime minister rarely thinks of Savarkar during his diplomatic engagements.Modi said he paid tribute to Savarkar in Marseille when he visited France to co-chair the AI Action Summit with Macron.
Palm Beach State University: Blockade reports raise concerns about South Congress Avenue shooting in Lake Worth; first details
Palm Beach State College, 4200 South Congress Avenue, Lake Worth Beach, is reportedly on lockdown Florida Tuesday raised concerns shooting. The reports went viral on social media.

“PBSC Lockdown: Police at Palm Beach State College, Lake Worth Beach, FL,” someone wrote on the post Facebook. Similar reports are also circulating on X. A report on the Local police also did not respond to these reports.
Also from Florida ask “So I just heard that my old college, Palm Beach State College, was blocked? Does anyone know any updates?” on Facebook. Another asked: “We at PBSC are on complete lockdown. Does anyone have any information?”.
ALSO READ | Ava and Colin Dorgan: Rhonda and Aidan Dorgan launch GoFundMe for family after shooting death in Pawtucket
People share screenshots of situation status on X based on alerts they receive. One person shared a photo of the shelter-in-place alert, while another shared an update noting that the alert had been lifted.
“Obviously everything is clear now,” the person said wroteshare a screenshot of the message. It read, “Per the direction of law enforcement, the Lake Worth lockdown has been lifted. All clear, please resume normal activities. February 17, 2026 at 2:37 pm.”
However, there is still little information about the situation and it is unclear whether anyone was injured. There is no information on possible suspects at this time.
What happened to PBSC? More details emerge
palm beach residents wrote On Facebook, “PBSC went on full lockdown, someone pulled a gun on campus and now I’m hiding in a closet with 8 students,” adding “God help us.”
In a further update, they added: “All I hear is running, screaming and lockdown announcements! I’m shaking!”. They also shared “Lockdown has been lifted!” They provided more details about the incident, claiming “there was a fight and the boy ran back to the car to get the gun and said he was out and when the other students saw the gun they ran and yes that was alottttttt! But no one was hurt! By the grace of God everyone is okay.” HT.com cannot independently verify these claims.
Others reacted to reports of the lockdown and offered prayers. “Praying for you! Are you on Lakeworth campus? My brother said he was able to get out before the school locked down. Someone walked into his class and yelled that they saw someone with a gun,” one person wrote.
Another added, “Praying that you and everyone else on campus get out safely.” Meanwhile, some people’s concerns are palpable as their loved ones attend classes there. “My son also went there trying to figure out what was going on,” one parent wrote on X.
Top Trump aide Tricia McLaughlin leaves Department of Homeland Security — Has Trump’s immigration crackdown gone too far?
One of Donald Trump’s most outspoken faces in the immigration crackdown is resigning, raising questions about divisions within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).Tricia McLaughlin, chief spokesperson for Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem, will leave the Trump administration next week, according to two DHS officials familiar with the matter. She is expected to inform colleagues of her decision on Tuesday, Politico reported.Her departure comes at a sensitive time. As Republicans and Democrats negotiate possible reforms to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the departments are facing a funding crunch. At the same time, public dissatisfaction with the government’s hard-line immigration policies is growing. A Reuters/Ipsos poll last week found that 58% of Americans think Trump’s crackdown goes too far.McLaughlin is widely seen as one of the most vocal defenders of the administration’s immigration policies. She is a former contributor to ABC News and has also appeared regularly on Fox News, CNN, CBS, NPR and Newsmax, sometimes appearing in up to five media reports a day. She describes the communications battle over immigration in stark terms.“It’s fair to say there’s been a very heated debate in the media on immigration,” she told the Cincinnati Enquirer last month. She added: “A lot of the debate is about [public relations] debate. This is a PR battle. “Her exit has been planned since December but was delayed by the shooting deaths of Renee Good and Alex Pretti by federal agents in Minneapolis last month, according to people familiar with the matter.McLaughlin previously worked for Vivek Ramaswamy’s 2024 presidential campaign and Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine. She served under Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin during Trump’s first term and worked on arms control issues at the State Department.Her high-profile role prompted a backlash from Democrats. Still, she has the president’s public support. After a December appearance on Fox, Trump praised the “wonderful Tricia McLaughlin,” saying “Tricia really knows her ‘stuff!'”On New Year’s Day, McLaughlin appeared to indirectly respond to critics by sharing a meme on Instagram that read: “Your boos mean nothing. I’ve seen what makes you cheer. “The Department of Homeland Security has faced much criticism in recent months, including a Wall Street Journal report that described “ongoing chaos” within the agency and questioned Kristi Noem’s leadership. The article mentions allegations that a U.S. Coast Guard pilot was fired for misplacing the Secretary of State’s blanket. Some within the Republican administration have expressed frustration with how the department handled the high-profile incident. At one point, Trump appointed border czar Tom Homan to oversee operations in Minneapolis, a move some viewed as a sign of concern about Noem’s approach.Noem confirmed Tricia’s departure in a statement: “She played an important role in advancing our mission to defend our homeland and keep Americans safe. While we are sad to see her leave, we thank her for her service and wish Tricia success.”
Pinterest down: What is the “User Experience Data Retrieval Failed” error? detail
interest The service was unavailable to thousands of users in the United States on Tuesday afternoon. As of this writing, more than 4,000 Pinterest users have reported that Down Detector, a platform that tracks such outages based on user data, received an error message stating “User experience data retrieval failed.”
When Pinterest displays the “User Experience Data Retrieval Failed” error, it usually means that the app or website is unable to obtain your account or feed data from Pinterest server. Behind the outage is usually a backend outage or connection failure.
Down Detector shows that 58% of reports stated that the app was not suitable for them. 19% faced issues with information flow and timelines, while 13% said they had problems logging in.
Frustrated users vent on social media
As the outage continued, hundreds of frustrated Pinterest users took to social media to vent their frustrations.
Also read: Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich Is The View Guest Host? All depends on her income and assets
“Is anyone else’s Pinterest down? I can’t access any of my boards,” one user wrote, sharing a screenshot of the error.
“pinterest is down why does it say my account has been deleted,” complained another.
One person joked: “Everyone immediately turned to Twitter to ask if their Pinterest was down too, man I love humans.”
Another said: “Everyone collectively lost their mind after searching ‘Pinterest’ on Twitter.”
Other countries including India, Brazil and the United Kingdom also reported power outages.
Omar pressures Center on J&K statehood, Delhi says decision ‘soon’ India News
Jammu: J&K CM Omar Abdullah There was a mixture of hope and skepticism on Tuesday when Union Law Minister Arjun Meghwal cited Home Minister Amit Shah’s assurance in Parliament that a decision to restore statehood to the Union Territory would be announced “soon”.“It’s been a year and a half since the democratically elected government took office and we’re still waiting,” Omar told reporters. “We hope we don’t have to wait too long.”Meghwal, speaking after an event at the Kashmir International Conference Center in Srinagar, called statehood “an important” and “very sensitive” issue. “When the federal home minister says in parliament you will get it right, you will get it,” he said, adding that a process was underway.Omar said patience is wearing thin. “We will not be satisfied until we get it. The process is ongoing but it is taking too long,” he said, adding that his government was still in constant contact with the Centre.Nearly six years ago, the Center abrogated Article 370 on August 5, 2019 and bifurcated the erstwhile state into two Union Territories – J&K and Ladakh. On December 11, 2023, the Supreme Court upheld the decision while urging restoration of statehood to J&K “as soon as possible”.Omar, who will take office on October 16, 2024, has raised this issue many times. On August 16 last year, he wrote to the BJP and other political parties while urging Parliament to introduce a bill to restore statehood.“Restoration must not be seen as a concession,” his letter said, warning against a precedent that would make statehood a matter of “discretionary favoritism.” He said the delay had an impact on the country’s constitutional values and democratic ethos, citing the downgrade of J&J’s status in 2019 and the long wait for its reversal.
Texas’ “racist temper”? American entrepreneurs asked Indians to vacate the state. but why
A US entrepreneur has asked Indians to leave Texas, saying “racist tempers” are not worth the state’s financial incentives such as an income tax exemption. James Blunt said in a post that “there are many beautiful states” that are more popular and said Texas’ property taxes undermine its perceived economic advantages.Advertisement The post sparked both support and criticism. One comment read: “No. America should ban H-1B visa. Do you really think India, China or any other country would tolerate an H-1B style system in their own country? A big hell no. People should stop migrating to the west. They don’t want it. “
Another user said: “No. This is exactly what the racists want. These once sleepy suburbs outside of Dallas, Houston and Austin used to be sunset towns. Texas has experienced incredible growth in the last 25 years. A racist has to hate someone before they disappear.” One user said: “Don’t give racists that much satisfaction. Are you secretly on their side?”
Canada launches massive defense plan to curb dependence on U.S.
Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney on Tuesday launched a multibillion-dollar plan to strengthen Canada’s military and reduce its reliance on the United States.

Carney’s announcement of Canada’s first defense industrial strategy builds on a theme he has emphasized throughout President Donald Trump’s 11 months in office, breaking with the United States’ traditional alliances: In an increasingly dangerous world, Canada is not doing enough to defend itself and relying on U.S. protection is no longer viable.
“We rely too much on our geography and other factors to protect us,” Carney said.
“This creates a vulnerability that we can no longer afford and a dependency that we can no longer sustain,” he added.
Carney has become one of the world’s most prominent voices criticizing the Trump administration, especially after a speech at last month’s World Economic Forum in which he said Trump had triggered a “fracture” in the rules-based global order.
Carney also spoke on Tuesday about U.S. Secretary of State Rubio’s speech at the Munich Security Conference last week, highlighting what Canada’s leaders see as a growing gap between U.S. and Canadian values.
Carney, speaking to reporters after delivering a speech on the defense plan, pivoted to Rubio’s speech without being asked. He warned that Trump’s top diplomats had spoken of Washington’s desire to defend “Christian nationalism.”
Carney said “Canadian nationalism is civil nationalism” and Ottawa’s mission is to defend the rights of everyone in this vast and diverse country.
“There is a competition going on between Canadian nationalism and other forms of nationalism,” he added in French.
Rubio said in Munich that “Western civilization” is defined by “the Christian faith, culture, heritage, language, blood and the sacrifices of our ancestors.”
Carney’s office said the defense industrial strategy is “worth more than $5 trillion to Canada’s security, economic prosperity and sovereignty.”
This includes C$180 billion worth of defense procurement opportunities and C$290 billion worth of defense-related public investment over the next decade.
Carney said the plan calls for enhanced defense capabilities on land, at sea and in the air.
“The world has changed and Canada must change with it,” he said.
Carney reiterated the need to strengthen Canada’s sovereignty in the Arctic, where rising temperatures due to climate change are melting the ice and ushering in a new era of competition for critical minerals.
BS/DW
This article was generated from automated news agency feeds without modifications to the text.
Haryana STF nabs 2 Pakistani teenagers who escaped from Jammu Juvenile Home; third fugitive hunted | India News
Ambala/Jammu: Two Pakistani nationals who fled from the Youth Observation Home in RS Pura area of Jammu were arrested by the Haryana STF from the Ambala Cantonment railway station, 400 km away, on Monday.Mohammad Sana-Ullah, 20, of Jaatala village in Muzaffargarh district, Pakistan’s Punjab province, and Ahsan Anwar, 23, of Mohalla Rashid Park, Buchik village, Nankana Sahib district, Pakistan’s Punjab province, were handed over to Jammu and Kashmir police on Tuesday night, less than 24 hours after they escaped.They escaped from a juvenile home with local gangster Karanjit Singh, alias Gurga, who shot two policemen with an illegal pistol. Six police personnel, including an ASI, deployed at the residence were suspended for alleged dereliction of duty. They face departmental investigations. The search for Gujia is ongoing.A police officer in Jammu said: “Soon after the outbreak, an alert was sounded in the Jammu region and a message was conveyed to neighboring countries.” Ambala STF DSP Aman said they had received “specific intelligence” about the three fugitives and had stepped up security and vigilance.“After escaping from Jammu, Karanjit (Gujar) and two Pakistanis went to find his accomplice Thakur and all four of them took a bus to Ambala. They also snatched a two-wheeler on the way. After reaching Ambala, they split up. Karanjit and Thakur went to other places while Sanaullah and Anwar were arrested from Ambala Cantonment railway station,” he added.The DSP said the Pakistani duo planned to enter Nepal via Uttar Pradesh and then flee the country.Two injured police officers are receiving treatment in hospital. Official sources said a fresh FIR has been registered against the trio under BNS sections 109 (attempt to murder), 132 (assault or criminal force to prevent public servant from discharge of duty) and the Arms Act.Sources said Anwar, then 16, crossed into India in October 2019 while playing “hide and seek” and has been detained ever since despite facing trial and being issued a release order on June 30, 2021. Sanaullah was arrested in 2021 after crossing the border illegally.
