Home Blog Page 35

Missing Indian man Sandarsh ​​Krishna found dead in Grand Canyon, cause of death yet to be determined

0

失踪的印度男子桑达什·克里希纳 (Sandarsh Krishna) 在大峡谷被发现身亡,死因尚未确定

Sundarsh ​​Krishna, a missing hiker in Arizona’s Grand Canyon National Park, has been found dead.

After a 10-day search, the body of Sandarsh ​​Krishna, a 26-year-old Indian man who went missing in Arizona’s Grand Canyon National Park, has been found, but the cause of death has not yet been determined. The body was discovered Saturday below the South Rim near the Wellcamp Visitor Center, park officials announced Tuesday. The body was transferred to the Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office, where he was identified as Sandarsh ​​Krishna, a man who had been missing since April 28.The incident remains under investigation by the National Park Service and the Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office.Krishna was last seen in the park between 4pm local time on April 27 and midnight on April 28. “The last possible known location is along the Rim Trail along Hermit Road between Bright Angel Lodge and Mojave Point,” authorities said at the time. After he was reported missing, park authorities asked the public for help and released his photo.At around 7 a.m. on April 28, a backpack believed to be Krishna’s was returned to hotel staff at the Bright Angel Inn. Investigators are seeking help identifying the person who returned the bag because they believe that person may have led them to Krishna.Krishna did not have a vehicle at the park, and officials said he may have arrived in a taxi or rideshare.Krishna’s brother, Adarsh ​​Krishna, told NBC affiliate KPNX last week that Sundarsh ​​would not harm himself.“We don’t want to believe he was injured,” Adarsh ​​told the outlet, adding, “We need proper closure. We don’t know what happened to him.” “He’s not the kind of kid to hurt himself,” Adarsh ​​added. Sandash had told friends about the trip and said he would return on April 28, his family told KPNX.

CBI busts corruption gang in Punjab Vigilance Bureau

0

New Delhi: industrial and commercial bank Dismantled a suspected corruption gang punjab province The vigilance bureau arrested three people. According to the agency, the group requested payment in exchange for “resolving” formal complaints pending with the Office of the Director General of Vigilance.Vikas Goyal, his son Raghav Goyal and their associate Ankit Wadhwaare are accused of being part of a corrupt network linking citizens to senior government officials. OP Rana, who serves as DG (Vigilance) reader, is still at large.

Why did Marty Makary resign as FDA commissioner? Conflicting explanations for flavored e-cigarette decision

0

Marty Makary resigns from committee U.S. Food and Drug Administration According to the New York Times, there has been a high-risk policy conflict with the Trump administration over the approval of flavored e-cigarettes.

U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner Dr. Marty Makary attends a healthcare affordability event in the Oval Office of the White House on April 23, 2026 in Washington. (Associated Press)
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner Dr. Marty Makary attends a healthcare affordability event in the Oval Office of the White House on April 23, 2026 in Washington. (Associated Press)

His departure on Tuesday follows weeks of growing pressure and tension within the agency, with officials reportedly expecting to be fired or forced out before Macari’s eventual ouster.

Controversy over flavored e-cigarette approval

The key triggers behind Macari resigns was divided over the government’s decision to authorize fruit-flavored e-cigarette products, a move he privately opposed.

Makary believes flavored e-cigarettes pose a significant risk to young people because of their appeal and addictive nicotine content, people familiar with the matter said, according to The New York Times. He reportedly told close associates that he could not in good conscience support the decision and would not approve policies with which he fundamentally disagreed.

However, the White House went ahead with the authorization despite his objections. The decision reportedly became a point of conflict between Makari and senior government officials in his final weeks.

Also read: Lori Chavez-Dremer resigns: What are the workplace misconduct allegations against Trump’s former labor secretary?

FDA Tensions

Makary’s resignation follows months of broader friction within the FDA over the regulatory direction of the current administration.

His tenure has been marked by conflicts over drug approvals, vaccine policy and food regulation, putting him at odds with industry groups and political stakeholders on multiple fronts, The New York Times reported.

He has also been criticized by some public health experts for controversial policy decisions, including early information on COVID-19 vaccines and support for alternative treatments, which critics said lacked sufficient scientific support.

Also read: Joe Kent resigns: MAGA furious over US counterterrorism chief’s ‘shameful’ exit during Iran war, ‘wish you the best of luck’

president Donald Trump In an interview with reporters, he acknowledged Macari’s resignation and made brief comments about his departure. “Marty is a great man, but he’s going to go on and he’s going to have a great life,” Trump said, according to the New York Times. “He’s a great doctor, but he’s had some difficulties.”

Following his exit, FDA food regulator Kyle Diamantas was named acting commissioner as the agency prepares a permanent replacement.

2 of 5 Pakistanis detained for 25 days for terror activities in J&K are Pakistanis

0

Jammu: A Jammu court on Monday remanded five persons, including two Pakistani nationals, to 25 days of judicial custody in a jail. national industry association Case related fear Activity.Earlier, police probing the logistical support of terror activities intercepted a bicycle and seized a grenade and 15 bullets from the collection of Mohammad Naqeeb Bhat in Srinagar.His interrogation led to the arrest of four more accused, including two Pakistani nationals, under the Terror-related Arms Act, UAPA and Explosives Act.

Debating Pete Davidson on Charlie Kirk’s ‘dark humor’: ‘He often made 9/11 jokes…’

0

Debating Pete Davidson on Charlie Kirk's 'dark humor': 'He often made 9/11 jokes...'

A Pete Davidson joke about slain conservative activist Charlie Kirk sparked a debate after it awkwardly appeared on comedian Kevin Hart’s live show on Netflix. The punchline makes the audience feel uncomfortable.The moment occurred at the Kevin Hart Roast at the Kia Forum in California, where several comedians, including Tom Brady, Chelsea Handler, Jeff Ross and Dwayne Johnson, took part in the televised event.Davidson used dark humor and directed some of his shots at comedian Tony Hinchcliffe. When comparing Hinchcliffe to Kirk, he made a remark that elicited groans from the crowd.“Tony reminded me of Charlie Kirk in that he definitely had a guy talking down his throat on camera,” Davidson said.Kirk, the founder of Turning Point USA, was killed in a shooting at Utah Valley University in 2025. References to his death were seen as a cause for discomfort among viewers.Davidson followed up the joke with another comment about Hinchcliffe’s podcast title, saying: “Someone please kill Tony.”The scene also referenced rapper Kanye West, with Davidson saying, “Kanye and I had a feud, so I took footage from the better gay Nazis.” West had previously faced backlash for anti-Semitic comments, for which he later apologized in a public statement.Despite the backlash to parts of Hart’s performance, Davidson praised Hart’s comedic influence. “You’ve been super nice to me,” he told the host before leaving the stage.The roast format has traditionally been known for pushing boundaries, and the Netflix special saw several comedians delivering similarly controversial content throughout the night. Davidson’s remarks, however, stood out.After clips from the show circulated, reactions online were mixed, with some arguing that no topic in comedy is taboo, while others said the joke crossed a line given the circumstances of Kirk’s death.One user commented that while roast comedy is supposed to be extreme, “it’s not even funny. Roast is supposed to be shocking, but also funny. Not just shockingly crazy.”Others defended the format, saying performers at a barbecue show should take risks and push boundaries, regardless of sensitivity.Davidson is known for incorporating personal trauma into comedy and has often spoken publicly about using dark humor as a coping mechanism. His father, a firefighter, died in the September 11 attacks, a loss that influenced much of his work.Netflix’s Roast is live-streamed as part of the platform’s Comedy Festival and is exempt from broadcast restrictions, allowing all content to be streamed uncensored.

Who are Benjamin Ellistan and Maxime Lott? Five Things White House Officials Allegedly ‘Getting Out’ of Trump’s Speech

0

Benjamin Elstein and Maxime Lott are two White House Officials who allegedly made remarks against the president Donald Trump and his government. Ellistine even allegedly talked about “getting rid of” Trump, according to James O’Keefe, who released the officials’ audio.

Two White House officials are said to have spoken out against President Donald Trump and his administration. (Associated Press)
Two White House officials are said to have spoken out against President Donald Trump and his administration. (Associated Press)

Here’s everything you need to know about Benjamin Ellistan and Maxime Lott.

Benjamin Ellistan: 5 things to know

  1. According to the Daily Caller, Elistine was identified as the White House senior budget analyst and money manager.
  2. Elistan allegedly called Trump a “crazy guy” who “messed everything up for everyone.”
  3. According to reports, Ellistine has been working in the White House since 2024.
  4. Elistan made explosive accusations against Trump. He said Trump was a “shit” and they were going to “get rid” of him. “It’s no exaggeration to say he’s invincible. Nothing can stop him and that’s dangerous,” Ellistine allegedly said. He allegedly added, “His decisions are so erratic you’d think he drank. But he doesn’t. That’s why it’s so dangerous, a person can be physically and mentally healthy, completely coherent, but can be so reckless when it comes to making decisions. It’s horrific.”
  5. Elistan also allegedly speculated that Trump was intentionally raising gas prices to enrich himself and his family in the region.

When asked about Ellistine, the White House reportedly told The Daily Caller that “he has no direct access to the president or senior staff and does not work at the White House.” Meanwhile, Lott allegedly shared details about the “chaotic” operations of the Trump administration.

Maxime Lott: 5 things to know

  1. Lott is reportedly the White House special assistant for domestic policy.
  2. Lott is also the founder of MaximumTruth.org, which describes itself as using “data to answer questions ignored by the media,” according to his LinkedIn information. He also founded ElectionBettingOdds.com.
  3. Lott noted on LinkedIn that he worked at Fox News before taking on the White House role.
  4. Lott attended the College of William and Mary, earning a bachelor’s degree in economics and mathematics. According to his LinkedIn information, he attended Strath Haven High School.
  5. “The decision-making process is a little chaotic,” Lott allegedly said of the Trump administration. “I think it’s just the overall tone,” he said, adding, “It’s like, you know, the government is a little out of control right now. It’s not going to fix itself.” He also claimed that low-level White House officials occasionally make policy decisions on the president’s behalf.

Lott responded to O’Keefe’s team, saying, “I went out with someone who I thought was sincere, but it shows how insidious politics and this city can be. Everything I’ve said is contradictory to this administration, and I remain fully committed to enforcing its agenda,” after the spat over his and Ellistan’s remarks.

India tells China to reflect on reputational cost of aiding terror exporter Pakistan

0

NEW DELHI: The Pakistani government has urged China to reflect on the possible reputational costs of supporting terrorism infrastructure amid reports that China provided technical assistance to Pakistan during the military conflict that followed India’s Operation Sindoor last year. The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said the reports only confirmed what was already known.operation sindor Responding to a question on China’s support to Pakistan at a media briefing, MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said: “This was a precise, targeted and targeted response to the terror attack in Pahalgam and was aimed at destroying the infrastructure of state-sponsored terrorists operating outside Pakistan.”The MEA spokesman added: “Those countries that believe they have responsibilities should reflect on whether supporting efforts to protect terrorism infrastructure could affect their reputation and standing.”Reports from Beijing said last week that China had confirmed it provided on-site technical support to Pakistan during last May’s conflict with India. The confirmation is based on an interview conducted by China Central Television with Zhang Heng, an engineer at the Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute of the Aviation Industry Corporation of China, a major developer of advanced fighter jet and drone designs in China.Zhang provided technical support to Pakistan during the four-day war last May, Hong Kong’s South China Morning Post reported, citing CCTV. The Pakistan Air Force operates a fleet of Chinese-made J-10CE jets, which are produced by a subsidiary of the Aviation Industry Corporation of China.

‘Indians hiring Indians’: Former Google contractor says he was asked to train his successor

0

“印度人雇用印度人”:前谷歌承包商表示,他被要求培训他的继任者

One former Google contractor told GB News how jobs from his team were being shipped to India, Ireland and the Philippines.

Former Google contractor Stephen Vivien said it was mean, harsh and dehumanizing that his entire team’s work was sent to India, the Philippines and Ireland when he was asked to train his successor. Vivien said this in an H-1B documentary by GB News, which interviews American technicians, most of whom are Indian, who have lost their jobs due to H-1B. The documentary also aims to explore the differences in hiring patterns after people of Indian origin become CEOs of top companies.Vivian said he found that every time an Indian was hired, they shared confidential interview questions with other Indians, and the network thrived on this “dishonest” approach.A former FedEx employee told GB News on condition of anonymity that things began to deteriorate after Raj Subramaniam became CEO because there was a plan to cut staff. There was a lot of offshoring happening and her job went to India. She said her team had many managers and they thought one of them was in India visiting family, but in fact the manager was in India training replacements for American workers.Navdeep Meamber, an Indian-American lawyer interviewed for the documentary, said that the fact that the CEO is Indian does not affect hiring because the CEO does not know who to hire and these decisions are made by lower-level employees. But she confirmed that many tech workers are returning to India as part of offshoring. Member said life in India is much better than in the United States because there are several domestic workers and Indians are going back because they get the same salary working for the same employer in India.Immigration expert Rosemary Jenks said in the documentary that President Donald Trump could not completely stop H-1B visas when Congress launched the program, but at least Trump took the frustrating step of imposing a $100,000 fee on all new H-1B arrivals from outside the United States. But that doesn’t reduce the numbers because foreign students already in the United States are not affected by the new fees and enter the job market through the OPT program.

Brandon Clark overdose: Drug paraphernalia details emerge after death; Kratom’s past charge takes center stage

0

Following news of the death of 29-year-old Memphis Grizzlies forward Brandon Clark, speculation has grown about the cause of his death. TMZ has now reported The striker’s death is being investigated as a possible drug overdose, with emergency crews finding drug paraphernalia at the home where he was found.

Memphis Grizzlies forward Brandon Clark. (Brandon Clark/Instagram)
Memphis Grizzlies forward Brandon Clark. (Brandon Clark/Instagram)

However, the cause of his death has not been confirmed so far. But an October 2025 arrest and charges related to possession of a controlled substance: the plant extract kratom sparked widespread concern amid possible overdose charges. It’s worth noting that kratom is a controlled substance in Arkansas, where Clark was arrested.

The media quoted NBC 4 as reporting that an emergency occurred at Clark’s home around 5 pm local time on Monday. When paramedics arrived at the scene, the basketball player was dead.

This story is being updated.

Iltija Mufti blames ‘NC-BJP nexus’ for her X suspension

0

Srinagar: plasma display panelof ildia muftiFormer J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti’s daughter on Tuesday accused the ruling NC of suspending her social media account, alleging that the party was in collusion with the BJP to target its critics.“X has withheld my account. Usually, they send emails but in my case there is no communication. I have been trying to contact the help desk for the past 24 hours but the interface is not working properly. I am yet to be told the reason,” Iltija told TOI.“Yesterday, people started sending me screenshots saying they couldn’t access my account because it was withheld, and that’s how I learned about it,” Iltija said.She said the suspension of her X account had hampered her political activities as there were few platforms in Kashmir for people to express their opinions. “X and Facebook are one of the few platforms that politicians can use. My Facebook page was deactivated six days ago and now my X account has been suspended,” she said.“I feel there is a connection. An FIR was filed when I started talking about the National Conference (NC) and the process of eliminating Urdu from J&K. The day I started criticizing Chief Minister Omar Abdullah’s insensitive remarks on alcohol, my account disappeared within two days. I think there is some collusion with the BJP. When you target the NC, the BJP comes after you,” she claimed.Last week, Iltija posted a video of late separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Worth a look. “In the video, Gilani said that young people are being deprived of the right to speak Urdu. He said Urdu carries the religious literature of the region and a large number of religious writings from “India, Pakistan, Jammu and Kashmir” are preserved in Urdu. Gilani passed away in September 2021.Earlier, Irtija took to the streets to protest against the government’s proposal to remove Urdu from the compulsory languages. jammu and kashmir Revenue Department recruitment rules, terming it an attack on the linguistic heritage of the Union Territory.The NC rejected the charge, claiming that the People’s Democratic Party had voted for the BJP candidate in the Lok Sabha polls in October last year and to quell the issue, it raised Urdu and other issues.CM Abdullah maintained that the government had not proposed to delete Urdu.