Minutes after the former Prince Andrew was arrested on what would have been his 66th birthday, anti-monarchy group Republic claimed responsibility for the action and said they reported the former duke to Thames Valley Police earlier this month. “When others were unwilling to take action, we reported Andrew to the police. When police were unwilling to investigate, Republic has been launching a private prosecution. Republic’s lawyers will continue to investigate the alleged criminal conduct and provide information to police in the coming weeks and months,” said Republic CEO Graham Smith. “There are reasons to believe that other senior members of the royal family may be material witnesses in relation to certain offences. Police must follow all evidence, no matter where it leads. “Andrew became the first senior royal to be arrested in modern history.
Disgraced ex-prince dramatic arrest
Earlier on Thursday, at least six unmarked police cars and around eight plainclothes officers arrived at the Sandringham estate to arrest the former prince on suspicion of misconduct in public office after he allegedly forwarded confidential trade documents to Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew pushed Epstein’s fixers to get him onto Windsor board
In the latest revelations, Andrew allegedly worked through Epstein’s intermediaries to get him onto the Windsor board. The restorer has been identified as David Stern, whose name appears 7,461 times in the latest version of the Epstein files. Stern has previously described Epstein as his boss. Stern, a 48-year-old German businessman, had close ties to Epstein and Andrew. He later became Pitch@Palace Business Director. However, this revelation was not the reason for Andrew’s arrest.Andrew was stripped of his royal title after being accused of raping 17-year-old Virginia Giuffre in 2001 and having her sex trafficked by Epstein. Andrew has denied the accusations and paid her a hefty compensation package, but that has not stopped his critics and pressure to relieve him of royal duties remains.


