Two U.S. men plead guilty to helping Indian call center defraud elderly Americans

Published:

Two U.S. technology executives have pleaded guilty to federal charges that they provided critical technology infrastructure that enabled call centers in India to defraud vulnerable American seniors out of millions of dollars. previous CEO Adam Young and former CSO Harrison Gevirtz pleaded guilty to sending deceptive pop-up scam calls through their telecommunications business. An FBI investigation revealed that the pair not only facilitated call routing but actively advised scammers to bypass security checks and avoid account termination.

The FBI said the investigation into the Americans also led to the arrest of five people in India. (Representative Image) (Unsplash)
The FBI said the investigation into the Americans also led to the arrest of five people in India. (Representative Image) (Unsplash)

In a statement, FBI “Two individuals have pleaded guilty to charges that they operated a business that provided services to customers who participated in a widespread telemarketing and technical support fraud scheme targeting victims in the United States and abroad,” it said.

Also read: 89 Indians included in list of ‘worst’ criminals released by Homeland Security

The statement also read, “Former CEO Adam Young, 42, of Miami, Florida, and former CSO Harrison Gevirtz, 33, of Las Vegas, Nevada, pleaded guilty to operating a business that provided telecommunications-related services, including phone numbers, call routing services, call tracking and call transfer services, to customers they knew participated in a technical support fraud scheme. Young and Gevirtz each pleaded guilty to felony violations of federal law.” Both are expected to be sentenced on June 16, 2026.

Arrests in India:

this statement Further explaining, “Young and Gevirtz entered the guilty plea following an investigation that began in 2020 that resulted in the conviction of five Indian telemarketing fraudsters and a former employee of their call routing company. Indian citizens Sahil Narang, Chirag Sachdeva, Abrar Anjum and Manish Kumar The investigation also resulted in the conviction of another individual, Jagmeet Singh Virk, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. The investigation further revealed that call centers located in India used Young and Gervitz’s operations to route calls for their “tech fraud” program and, in some cases, provide these fraudsters with methods designed to reduce complaints and prevent account terminations. “

Also read: Indian-origin Subu Vedam allowed to stay in U.S. after 43 years of wrongful imprisonment

“What the CEO and chief security officer of this prominent call tracking and analysis company did was downright despicable. By their own admission, they knowingly profited from domestic and international telemarketing and tech support scammers who targeted the elderly, exploited the vulnerable, and drained victims of their life savings and peace of mind. Behind every fraudulent call was a real person who was frightened, humiliated, or financially devastated,” said Ted E. Docks, the special agent in charge of the call. The FBI’s Boston field office said.

“Tech support scams cost Americans $2.1 billion last year, with Rhode Island residents reporting losses of at least $5.7 million. This is a warning: If you enable and support these criminal networks that target unsuspecting consumers, the FBI will pursue you relentlessly to ensure you are held accountable for the harm you cause.”

WEB DESK TEAM
WEB DESK TEAMhttps://articles.thelocalreport.in
Our team of more than 15 experienced writers brings diverse perspectives, deep research, and on-the-ground insights to deliver accurate, timely, and engaging stories. From breaking news to in-depth analysis, they are committed to credibility, clarity, and responsible journalism across every category we cover.

Related articles

Recent articles

spot_img