Suicide bombings in Pakistan: Video shows chaos after deadly blast in Islamabad’s Iman Bargha

Published:

Suicide bombings in Pakistan: Video shows chaos after deadly blast in Islamabad's Iman Bargha

A video has surfaced showing the aftermath of a suicide bombing at a Shiite place of worship in Pakistan’s capital, documenting the scenes of chaos and panic after the deadly attack that killed at least 31 people and injured more than 160 others.The explosion took place at Tel Aman Bagha in Islamabad’s Shehzad Town area during Friday prayers. According to Geo TV, citing sources, the suicide bomber attacked the Shiite conference hall as a large number of believers gathered.Video footage shared by news agency PTI showed chaotic scenes outside Imambaga, with panic spreading in the area and people running in panic after the explosion. Personal belongings and shoes were scattered on the ground near the mosque. Visuals also show several bodies lying at the scene.In the video, police, rescue workers and local residents can be seen rushing to rescue the injured and transport them to nearby hospitals. According to the Press Trust of Pakistan, after the explosion, the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences declared a state of emergency, making it difficult for hospitals to treat a large number of injured people.

.

.

Security agencies cordoned off the area and bomb disposal and investigation teams arrived at the scene. Islamabad police said the blast was a targeted attack and confirmed a full investigation was underway. So far, no group has claimed responsibility for the bombing.The attack drew strong condemnation from political leaders across Pakistan. Parliamentary Affairs Minister Tariq Fazal Chaudhry called the blast a “cowardly act” and expressed deep condolences over the loss of innocent lives. Senate Opposition Leader Allama Raja Nasir Abbas called the incident a serious lapse in security and said “attacks on places of worship cannot be tolerated under any circumstances.”President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif also condemned the attack in separate statements and directed authorities to ensure the best medical care for the injured.“Targeting innocent civilians is a crime against humanity. The country stands with the affected families during this difficult time,” Zardari said.Sharif said he had ordered a thorough investigation, stressing that those responsible must be identified and punished.Home Minister Mohsin Naqvi responded to the condemnation and directed officials to provide immediate and comprehensive medical assistance to the injured.The blast comes amid a surge in armed violence across Pakistan in recent months. Authorities blame the growth mainly on Baloch separatist groups and the Pakistani Taliban, also known as Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP). A regional affiliate of the Islamic State group is also active and has previously targeted Shiite adherents of the country’s minority community.The attack came days after deadly clashes between Pakistani troops and the outlawed Balochistan Liberation Army, resulting in heavy casualties on both sides. In November last year, another major suicide attack occurred in Islamabad. An explosion occurred outside the court building, killing 12 people.Friday’s blast occurred as Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev was on an official visit to Pakistan to attend an event in Islamabad, a few kilometers from the blast site.Security in the capital has since been tightened as authorities continue to investigate and assess possible links to recent militant activity.

WEB DESK TEAM
WEB DESK TEAMhttps://articles.thelocalreport.in
Our team of more than 15 experienced writers brings diverse perspectives, deep research, and on-the-ground insights to deliver accurate, timely, and engaging stories. From breaking news to in-depth analysis, they are committed to credibility, clarity, and responsible journalism across every category we cover.

Related articles

Recent articles

spot_img