Categories: WORLD

Pakistan makes new Iran peace proposal to US

Pakistan sends new Iran peace proposal to US (Image: ANI)

Iranian media says U.S. offers temporary exemption from oil restrictionsIran has made a new peace offer to the United States with terms that appear to be similar to those previously rejected by Washington, although senior Iranian officials told Reuters on Monday that the United States had softened its stance on some issues.A Pakistani source confirmed that Islamabad, which has been passing messages between the two sides in West Asia’s war since hosting the only round of peace talks last month, has shared its latest offer with Washington. But sources say progress has been difficult. Pakistani sources said both sides were “constantly moving the goalposts”, adding: “We don’t have much time.”Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei confirmed that Tehran’s views had been “conveyed to the US side through Pakistan” but gave no details. There was no immediate comment from Washington.As described by senior Iranian sources, Iran’s proposal is similar in many ways to previous Iranian proposals, which U.S. President Donald Trump rejected last week as “junk.” It will focus first on ensuring an end to the war, the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, and the lifting of maritime sanctions. Controversial issues surrounding Iran’s nuclear program and uranium enrichment will be postponed to later rounds of talks, sources said.However, Washington’s stance has softened significantly, with senior Iranian sources saying the United States has agreed to release a quarter of Iran’s frozen funds held in foreign banks, totaling tens of billions of dollars. Iranian sources also said Washington has shown greater flexibility in agreeing to allow Iran to continue some peaceful nuclear activities. Iran’s Tasnim News Agency also quoted an unnamed source as saying that the United States has agreed to waive oil sanctions on Iran while negotiations are ongoing. Iranian officials did not immediately comment on Tasnim’s report, and a U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity said the report was false.Reuters

WEB DESK TEAM

Our team of more than 15 experienced writers brings diverse perspectives, deep research, and on-the-ground insights to deliver accurate, timely, and engaging stories. From breaking news to in-depth analysis, they are committed to credibility, clarity, and responsible journalism across every category we cover.

Recent Posts

Pakistani founder takes over San Francisco theater to screen ‘3 Idiots’ for those in need of inspiration

Highlighting the film’s universal appeal san franciscoThe founder recently announced on social media that he has rented a 250-seat theater…

19 minutes ago

U.S. Department of Justice announces creation of $1.8 billion fund to compensate Trump allies

US President Trump (Photo source: AP) WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump's administration has set up a nearly $1.8 billion fund…

45 minutes ago

‘We don’t like cheaters’: Baker sets Rs 57,000 cake on fire after client’s boyfriend cheats

$600 custom birthday cake (approx. $57,000) was dramatized after a client discovered her boyfriend had been unfaithful on the day…

1 hour ago

Vax crisis inheritance, no measles vaccine stocks when we came to power: BNP Paribas government

As child deaths from measles continue to rise, France's national police force, led by Tariq Rahman, says it is in…

2 hours ago

Who is Amin Abdullah? Heroic security guard who saved lives during San Diego mosque shooting

Among three people killed in shooting islamic center of san diego San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl said the security…

2 hours ago

Nancy Guthrie case: Former FBI agent reveals what happened in first hours after kidnapping, ‘communications glitch…’

A retired FBI agent recounted the first hours after the incident. Nancy Guthrie Missing from her home in Tucson, Arizona.…

3 hours ago