Nasir’s best update: First photo reveals gunman’s many past encounters with Secret Service

Published:

Photo of Nasire Best, a 21-year-old man shot dead by agents outside a prison White House It has emerged following the shooting on Saturday, May 23. A photo obtained by the New York Post appears to show him.

Police and Secret Service agents stand near an EMS truck after blocking streets around the White House, Saturday, May 23, 2026, in Washington. Associated Press/PTI(AP05_24_2026_000010B) (AP)
Police and Secret Service agents stand near an EMS truck after blocking streets around the White House, Saturday, May 23, 2026, in Washington. Associated Press/PTI(AP05_24_2026_000010B) (AP)

Take a look:

CNN reports that Best has had contact with the Secret Service in the past, according to court records. He was killed after approaching a checkpoint outside the White House and shooting at police. A bystander was struck in the exchange of gunfire.

Learn more | Has Nasir Best threatened to kill Trump in the past? Laura Loomer Shares Suspect’s Post About Butler Assassination Attempt

Donald Trump It was in the White House. He was not injured.

Nasir Best’s previous contacts with the Secret Service

Police encountered Best multiple times last summer, according to a court affidavit, which said he was “well known to police.” agent“Walk around the White House complex and ask how to access various entry points. ” He was forced into jail on June 26, 2025, for “impeding vehicular access” to a portion of the White House complex, the document said.

According to testimony, Best ignored warning signs and walked into a restricted area outside the White House on July 10 last year. There, several police officers confronted him. According to the report, Best claimed to be Jesus and said “he wanted to be arrested.”

Learn more | How many times has Trump been assassinated? Shooting near White House sparks concern

A motive for the latest shooting has not been confirmed. However, sources say Best is a mentally ill person, according to the New York Post.

Trump posted a Statement about the Truth Society After the shooting, I thank the Secret Service and law enforcement for handling the matter appropriately.

“Thank you to our great Secret Service and law enforcement for their swift and professional action tonight against a shooter near the White House who had a history of violence and perhaps a fascination with our nation’s most treasured building,” Trump wrote.

“The gunman died after exchanging gunfire with Secret Service agents near the gates of the White House. This incident, one month after the White House Correspondents’ Dinner shooting, shows how important it is for all future presidents to have the most secure space of its kind ever in Washington, D.C. Our country’s national security requires it!” he added.

WEB DESK TEAM
WEB DESK TEAMhttps://articles.thelocalreport.in
Our team of more than 15 experienced writers brings diverse perspectives, deep research, and on-the-ground insights to deliver accurate, timely, and engaging stories. From breaking news to in-depth analysis, they are committed to credibility, clarity, and responsible journalism across every category we cover.

Related articles

Recent articles

spot_img