Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • https://www.facebook.com/
  • https://twitter.com/
  • https://t.me/
  • https://www.instagram.com/
  • https://youtube.com/
THE_LOCAL_REPORT_ARTICLES_LOGO THE LOCAL REPORT ARTICLES

Trusted Indian news delivering fast, factual, and in-depth coverage of politics, business, society, and stories that truly matter

THE_LOCAL_REPORT_ARTICLES_LOGO THE LOCAL REPORT ARTICLES

Trusted Indian news delivering fast, factual, and in-depth coverage of politics, business, society, and stories that truly matter

  • TRENDING
  • INDIA
  • SPORTS
  • TECH
  • UK
  • WORLD
  • TRENDING
  • INDIA
  • SPORTS
  • TECH
  • UK
  • WORLD
Subscribe
Close

Search

Manchester synagogue terror attack: Iraqi national charged over failure to disclose information
TRENDING

Manchester synagogue terror attack: Iraqi national charged over failure to disclose information

By WEB DESK TEAM
August 21, 2026 2 Min Read
Comments Off on Manchester synagogue terror attack: Iraqi national charged over failure to disclose information
Manchester synagogue terror attack: Iraqi national charged over failure to disclose information
The attack took place at the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation Synagogue.

A 49-year-old Iraqi national has been charged in connection with last year’s terror attack at a synagogue in Manchester, in which two men were killed and three others seriously injured.Hekmat Omar Ali Hakim, of St James Road in Higher Broughton, has been charged with failing to disclose information regarding terrorist activity under Section 38B of the Terrorism Act 2000, the BBC reported, citing counter-terrorism police.Hakim has been remanded in custody and is due to appear before Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Friday. Police said the charge relates directly to the attack on the morning of October 2, 2025.

Two worshippers killed in Yom Kippur attack

The attack took place at the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation Synagogue on Yom Kippur, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar.Jihad Al-Shamie, a 35-year-old Syrian-born British citizen, drove into the synagogue gates, injuring a security guard, before attacking worshippers with a knife.Melvin Cravitz and Adrian Daulby were killed in the attack. Three other men were seriously injured and were treated in hospital before being discharged.Al-Shamie, who was wearing a fake suicide vest, was shot dead by police at the scene.

Police call charge a ‘significant development’

Assistant Chief Constable Rob Potts, head of Counter Terrorism Policing North West, described the charge as a “significant development” in the investigation.Police said there had been eight arrests in connection with the attack, with Hakim’s case being the first charge to relate directly to the events of October 2.Investigators said they remain committed to establishing the full circumstances surrounding the attack and identifying anyone who may have been involved.

Attacker’s associate jailed for life

In a separate case, Mohammad Bashir, 31, was jailed for life in July with a minimum term of 17 years after being convicted of preparing acts of terrorism.Bashir had plotted with Al-Shamie to target the UK’s Defence Academy near Shrivenham and drove him on a 10-hour round trip to conduct hostile reconnaissance of the site in August 2025.Weeks later, Al-Shamie carried out the deadly attack at the Manchester synagogue.

Tags:

attackchargeddisclosefailureinformationIraqiManchesterNationalsynagogueterrorus newsus top news
Author

WEB DESK TEAM

Our team of more than 15 experienced writers brings diverse perspectives, deep research, and on-the-ground insights to deliver accurate, timely, and engaging stories. From breaking news to in-depth analysis, they are committed to credibility, clarity, and responsible journalism across every category we cover.

Follow Me
Other Articles
In 2002, New Mexico began one of America’s largest native-fish restoration projects; more than two decades later Rio Grande cutthroat trout had returned to 120 miles of streams
Previous

In 2002, New Mexico began one of America’s largest native-fish restoration projects; more than two decades later Rio Grande cutthroat trout had returned to 120 miles of streams

Find out who your MP is: Canada's Portage College asks protesting Indian students to approach politicians for work permit woes
Next

Find out who your MP is: Canada’s Portage College asks protesting Indian students to approach politicians for work permit woes

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • CORRECTION POLICY
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • Terms of Use
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • CORRECTION POLICY
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • Terms of Use
Copyright 2026 — THE LOCAL REPORT ARTICLES. All rights reserved. Blogsy WordPress Theme