U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he was willing to try again for peace talks with Iran. Previously, the US president warned Iran that it would launch an attack if it did not agree to the agreement.“I’m not in a rush. Everyone’s been saying, ‘Oh, the midterm elections.’ I’m in no rush,” he told reporters. Meanwhile, Trump has repeatedly warned Tehran of new military strikes, while Iran’s leaders have responded with threats of harsh retaliation and escalation.Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan praised Trump’s decision to “give diplomacy a chance.” Agence France-Presse quoted the minister as saying that Saudi Arabia “highly appreciates U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to give diplomacy the opportunity to reach an acceptable agreement to end the war.”Earlier, Iran’s chief negotiator noted Trump’s threats and said the United States wanted to restart the war after Trump said he would strike again unless Tehran agreed to a peace deal.Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf warned of a “strong response” from Iran after Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said any new war would spread beyond the Middle East.Agence France-Presse quoted Ghalibaf as saying: “The enemy’s overt and covert actions show that despite economic and political pressure, it has not given up its military objectives and is seeking to launch a new war.”The U.S. president faces growing domestic pressure as rising energy prices begin to affect homes and businesses across the country. Although the ceasefire has halted the conflict, the crucial Strait of Hormuz, which normally carries nearly a fifth of the world’s oil and liquefied natural gas supplies, remains closed.The unresolved condition of the waterway has become a major stumbling block in negotiations, with concerns over wider economic fallout as countries continue to draw down pre-war oil reserves. Soaring fuel prices have sparked unrest in Kenya, which relies heavily on Gulf fuel imports, with protests and severe disruption to public transport.

