Iran backs Chabahar port, ready to expand ties with India India News

Published:

Iran reaffirms 3,000-year civilizational ties with India, says Chabahar port 'will function well'

(Ani photo)

New Delhi: Iran backs chabahar port The project faces uncertainty amid ongoing U.S. efforts to isolate Iran, including the Trump administration’s decision last year to revoke a sanctions waiver that allowed India to develop a terminal at the port. Although Washington extended the exemption period to April 26 after negotiations with India, there is little hope of another extension under the current circumstances. This year’s Union Budget allocated zero money to the port, but the government defended the decision, saying it had transferred the entire pledged amount of $120 million to Iran. However, India has not backed out of the project or its commitment to provide a $250 million credit line for further development of the port under a 10-year contract signed in 2024. But there is no time limit on this commitment.

Iran reaffirms 3,000-year civilizational ties with India, says Chabahar port ‘will function well’

“Chabahar port is crucial and it can play a good role in accessing Afghanistan and Central Asia. We have good relations with some countries, especially India. I think we should promote and expand our relations,” Mohammad Fatali, Iran’s ambassador to India, said. “Chabahar is Chabahar. The location will not change. I think the Indian side wants to control the situation,” he added.

WEB DESK TEAM
WEB DESK TEAMhttps://articles.thelocalreport.in
Our team of more than 15 experienced writers brings diverse perspectives, deep research, and on-the-ground insights to deliver accurate, timely, and engaging stories. From breaking news to in-depth analysis, they are committed to credibility, clarity, and responsible journalism across every category we cover.

Related articles

Recent articles

spot_img