Autopsy suggests rape overlooked, Mumbai HC asks CBI to probe 2010 deaths India News

Published:

Autopsy suggests rape overlooked, Mumbai HC asks CBI to probe 2010 deaths

MUMBAI: The Bombay High Court recently handed over the investigation into the accidental death of a 13-year-old schoolgirl in 2010 to the CBI, saying the police did not consider the post-mortem report which stated that she had been subjected to sexual intercourse in the last 24 hours before her death. The HC said the police relied on incomplete video recordings and statements from doctors who had not seen the autopsy. The report found “too many unanswered questions” in the girl’s death and said police “did not even consider the serious possibility of rape-murder”. The school has taken students to a camp near Tungareshwar forest. They were playing in the stream and when the current became stronger the teacher asked them to come out. Everyone was out except the girl. She was taken away and her naked body was later found, prosecutors said. “No investigation was carried out from this angle at all. The non-recovery of clothes on the body is also an important aspect that requires serious investigation,” a bench of Justices Sarang Kotwal and Sandesh Patil said in their February 10 order.

WEB DESK TEAM
WEB DESK TEAMhttps://articles.thelocalreport.in
Our team of more than 15 experienced writers brings diverse perspectives, deep research, and on-the-ground insights to deliver accurate, timely, and engaging stories. From breaking news to in-depth analysis, they are committed to credibility, clarity, and responsible journalism across every category we cover.

Related articles

Recent articles

spot_img