Pima County Sheriff resigns? Chris Nanos faces criticism in Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance, we know

Published:

previous Arizona Supreme Court Justice Andrew Gould urges Pima County Sheriff Chris application Resign and let the FBI oversee the investigation.

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos faces criticism as the investigation into Nancy Guthrie's disappearance drags on. (Reuters)
Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos faces criticism as the investigation into Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance drags on. (Reuters)

Gould said during a live appearance on Fox News that the sheriff had compromised the case. “I think he made some mistakes in this case that hindered the investigation,” Gould said. Previous reports suggested a possible conflict between the FBI and the Pima County Sheriff’s Department over the kidnapping of Nancy Guthrie.

Fox News reported last week, citing law enforcement sources, that FBI leadership was looking for people from Nancy’s The residence and other physical evidence will be forwarded to the crime lab in Quantico, virginia. However, Nanos allegedly rejected the request and instead chose to send the items to Florida Perform analysis. The Sheriff later rejected the report, stressing it was “far from the truth.”

Also read: Nancy Guthrie and Annie Guthrie Net Worth: How Much Is Their Arizona Home Worth?

Andrew Gould says, ‘Sheriffs are becoming the hero of the story’

“I think he should get out of the way and let FBI Do its job well. I think his deputies are doing a very good job on the ground, but my concern is that the Sheriff becomes more of the protagonist of the story rather than trying to bring these men to justice and bring them to justice. Nancy Guthrie Return safely. “

Gould’s interview comes after Nanos was accused of withholding important information from the FBI.

The former emphasizes that “a lot of things” are happening Arizona “We must ensure that those who committed this crime can be prosecuted,” the Supreme Court judge said.

As of now, it’s unclear whether Nanos will resign.

Nancy Guthrie search enters third week

looking for Guthrie The operation, which began on February 1, is still ongoing, with recent court-ordered searches not resulting in any arrests and investigators following leads.

Two sources familiar with the investigation told NBC News that authorities no longer consider the man whose home was searched Friday night as a suspect. In addition, investigators also contacted a man named carlosHe was arrested as a suspect in a car earlier this week, according to NBC sources.

They further said investigators were ruling out any of Guthrie’s relatives as suspects, stressing that no one had been specifically ruled out and that investigators were still focusing on other leads.

WEB DESK TEAM
WEB DESK TEAMhttps://articles.thelocalreport.in
Our team of more than 15 experienced writers brings diverse perspectives, deep research, and on-the-ground insights to deliver accurate, timely, and engaging stories. From breaking news to in-depth analysis, they are committed to credibility, clarity, and responsible journalism across every category we cover.

Related articles

Recent articles

spot_img