Categories: INDIA

Supreme Court tells CBI: Probe into 1,200 cr contract of Arunachal Pradesh CM’s relatives

New Delhi: Nepotism and nepotism have no place in allocation of public resources, Supreme Court Directed on Monday industrial and commercial bank An investigation was conducted into allegations that the Arunachal Pradesh government allotted public contracts worth over Rs 1,200 crore to companies owned or controlled by close relatives of CM Pema Khandu.Noting that the CAG report pointed out various gaps in the tender decision-making process over the past 10 years, a bench of Justices Vikram Nath, Sandeep Mehta and NV Anjaria said the state and its agencies cannot provide benefits based on “the whim of any political or administrative official”.The court rejected all pleas raised by the state government, including that the contract in question was of small size, and said it was a case suitable for investigation by a central agency as the allegations were against the CM.The Supreme Court stated that the evidence showed that the superior was killed by a rifle with a stock number of 351, but the defendant’s rifle had a stock number of 329. It is difficult to accept the theory that the rifle was accidentally replaced 10 days before the crime.“It is unacceptable that in a highly disciplined force, the exchange of rifles assigned to two soldiers would have gone unnoticed for a period of 10 days. It is noteworthy that there is no evidence in the duty register for May 18, 2014 (the date of the incident). In the absence of other strong evidence to support this, we do not consider it safe to sustain the conviction on suspicion alone,” the judge said.“It is a well-worn law that every link in the chain of circumstantial evidence must be conclusively proven. Even a missing or weak link can have a fatal effect on the prosecution’s case. In the present case, the evidence on record does not meet the standard of proof required by the criminal law and does not exclude all reasonable presumptions consistent with the appellant’s innocence. Therefore, in our considered opinion, it (the evidence) is wholly insufficient to warrant his conviction,” the court added.

WEB DESK TEAM

Our team of more than 15 experienced writers brings diverse perspectives, deep research, and on-the-ground insights to deliver accurate, timely, and engaging stories. From breaking news to in-depth analysis, they are committed to credibility, clarity, and responsible journalism across every category we cover.

Recent Posts

Downtown Raleigh shooting update: What happened near the Wake County Courthouse in NC? What we know about suspects, victims

Two people were shot multiple times Friday morning near the Wake County Courthouse in downtown Raleigh, officials said.A shooting occurred…

22 minutes ago

Are the UAE scared? Abu Dhabi joins Saudi Arabia, Qatar in urging Trump to oppose new Iran war amid fears of chaos in the Gulf

The United Arab Emirates joins Saudi Arabia and Qatar in urging U.S. President Donald Trump to avoid restarting military action…

48 minutes ago

Apollo 12 crew sees mysterious ‘streaks of light’: new batch of UFO documents

USA Department of Defense Another set of previously confidential records related to the alleged crime was released Friday UFO sightingswhich…

1 hour ago

UK military air show Royal International Air Tattoo canceled amid Middle East conflict fears World News

One of the world's largest military air shows has been canceled as organizers cited uncertainty related to ongoing conflicts in…

2 hours ago

Indian man sentenced to 15.5 years in prison for gold fraud in US, found 16 gold bars from elderly victim

Indian man arrested in US for gold fraud and sentenced to 15.5 years in prison. Syed M Makki, a 38-year-old…

2 hours ago

Stanton evacuation update: Orange County reissues order after Garden Grove chemical spill

Evacuation orders were re-issued for parts of Orange County, California, on Friday morning after a chemical leak occurred at a…

3 hours ago